Salary $76,757.33 to $95,870.61 annually
Be part of a team by providing diagnostics and leadership in an AAVLD accredited provincial veterinary diagnostic laboratory
This position has responsibility to provide diagnostic service and support to the regulated and non-regulated poultry industries, private poultry veterinarians, and private veterinarians supporting urban and backyard poultry. The Poultry Health Pathologist partners with the Avian Pathologist, the Veterinary Epidemiologist, the Public Health Veterinarian and the Poultry Industry Specialist to provide expertise in the areas of poultry emergency response to reportable diseases, to deliver relevant disease and health management information to poultry stakeholders through workshops and seminars, and to support poultry extension as required. This position frequently works in collaboration with other organizations within BC.
This would be an excellent opportunity for a Veterinary Pathologist interested in poultry within an AAVLD (American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians) and ISO 17025 accredited laboratory, to work with an engaged poultry sector.
If you’re looking to live and work in a location that’s equally close to the amenities of Vancouver and the coastal mountain range, please consider this exciting opportunity to live and work in Abbotsford, a modern urban core – right in the middle of the scenic Fraser Valley of British Columbia, one of the most beautiful and bountiful agricultural areas in Canada.
This position offers a competitive salary working in a varied environment with attractive work hours. Working for the public service offers a healthy work/life balance, and excellent benefits. In addition to the base salary, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans and much more. Salary listed does not include a bonus for having a Master’s Degree or Boards Certifications, nor does it include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) provision that can be taken as taken as time off or salary on an annual basis which is on top of three (3) weeks annual leave.
In order for applicants to be considered for this position, their resume must clearly demonstrate that they have the following education and experience:
– Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from a university of recognized standing for immediate eligibility for registration with the College of Veterinarians of British Columbia in the category of Public or Private Practice.
– Post graduate training to the Masters level in anatomic gross and microscopic pathology.
– Candidates must have training or practical experience in poultry disease diagnosis and management.
– Preference given to candidates with Diplomat standing with the American College of Veterinary Pathologists.
– Preference given to candidates with accreditation with the American College of Poultry Veterinarians or a willingness and ability to achieve this accreditation with some support provided.
– Not required, but preference would be given to candidates that have experience working with the Canadian Poultry Industry.
For more information on this exciting career opportunity including how to apply by April 3rd 2015, please visit: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=24865